Golly, I just realised it has been one month since I last posted. I have been so sidetracked by the horrors that is busy time @ work and my re-found joy for throwing paint at canvases (the larger the better…and I mean throwing in an entirely metaphorical manner), that I really have neglected you.
Even though I promised you I wouldn’t.
Is there a word for a neglect that is more neglectful than just normal neglect? If there is one, that is what I have been doing.
Although I have been neglecting-to-the-power-of-neglect you, I have been secret working away in the deep dark caverns of my 1:12 sized amateur dollhouse super hero-ette restorer’s cave.
And so, I have been quietly achieving a couple of 1:12 goals on the side, namely:
1) the donation of about 6 metres of 5mm x 5mm square dowl to the cause by “The Dad”,
2) the cutting of pieces of dowel to act as my floor supports
(I did think we could do without them and that they might make the drilling of holes and placement of wiring for the lighting a little tricky…but “The Dad” has spoketh and there shall be a support network for the floor.)
Points 1 and 2 were closely followed by:
3) the painting of aforesaid pieces of wood with my amazing 4 in one sealer, primer and two other things-er.
And, after a little ?artful? arrangement, we have:
Points 1) through 3) were followed by:
4) the realisation that someone left grubby fingermarks on the beautiful White Secret coloured walls:
Why are you looking at me? It could have been any number of someones…really…truly…honest.
Point 4) was followed by:
5) the rationalisation that I may as well afix aforesaid pieces of wood to the aforesaid White Secret coloured walls before I repaint everything to cover over the aforesaid grubby fingermarks
Once optimism and general good sense was recovered, we skipped a 1:12 sized skip to:
6) the borrowing of the level of power from “The Dad”.
Actually I think that last point needs a bit more infexion, i.e. the borrowing of the <rockstar-power-hand>level of power</rockstar-power-hand> from “The Dad”.
And now we are almost up to date 😉